With Offices In Oakhurst, Howell and Toms River, Our Walmart Worker Injury Attorney Serves The New Jersey area.
Walmart workers are called on to perform a variety of tasks as part of their job requirements, all of which put them at risk for on the job accidents and injuries. Whether their duties require working in the stockroom, labeling merchandise, or handling customers, workers’ compensation claims involving Walmart workers have become increasingly common.
Unfortunately for employees injured on the job, getting claims submitted in a timely manner by their employer or having them approved by insurance representatives can be a challenge. Your claim may be delayed while your accident is investigated, or may be disputed or denied on the grounds that your injuries are not serious enough or did not occur during the course of your duties.
At Schibell & Mennie, LLC, Our New Jersey Walmart Worker Injury Attorneys Fight For Your Rights
Walmart workers may not be adequately covered by existing employee benefit programs, so when accidents and injuries occur, it can be difficult to get the medical care and treatment you need. To make matters worse, you may be unable to work while you recover, resulting in accumulating debt while your current monthly expenses go unpaid.
At Schibell & Mennie, LLC, we fight for the rights of injured Walmart workers, to help you get the benefits you are entitled to through the New Jersey workers’ compensation program. We hold employers responsible for unsafe conditions that may have caused your accident or injury to occur, while protecting your employee rights while you recover.
Dangers Walmart Workers Commonly Face
Walmart workers face dangers due to unsafe conditions and over exertion, in addition to being subject to injuries caused by their co-workers and the customers they serve. The National Safety Council (NSC) reports that workplace violence has become increasingly common, and is one of the leading causes of injuries among retail workers. Whether caused by an active shooter, an irate customer, or an aggressive fellow employee, these incidents can result in injuries that are severe and potentially life threatening.
In addition to workplace violence, Walmart workers run the risk for repetitive stress and overuse injuries, as well as injuries due to the types of accidents that are common in any public setting. Dealing with heavy boxes, large quantities of merchandise, and navigating crowded store aisles can all make accidents and injuries more likely to occur.
Common Causes of Walmart Worker Injuries
According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), common issues in retail settings that result in Walmart worker injuries include:
- Overexertion in lifting heavy boxes, pushing loaded carts, or reaching for items;
- Repetitive stress involving tasks such as ticketing, cleaning, or operating cash registers;
- Slips, trips, and falls, due to spills, wet floors, and cluttered walkways;
- Being struck by or against objects, such as loose fixtures, shopping carts, and items on shelving units;
- Exposure to sharp edges, box cutters, and machinery parts;
- Burns due to hot oil and contact with ovens;
- Physical assaults and acts of violence, committed by coworkers or customers;
- Transportation accidents, involving stock shipments and parking lot accidents.
Types of Injuries and Illnesses Health Care Workers In New Jersey Suffer
As a result of the above, Walmart workers are at an increased risk for the following types of injuries:
- Muscle strains, sprains, and tears;
- Repetitive stress injuries, such as tendonitis and Carpal Tunnel Syndrome;
- Bone fractures and bone spurs;
- Severe lacerations and puncture wounds;
- Chemical or thermal burns and abrasions;
- Back and neck injuries, such as fractured vertebrae and herniated disks;
- Spinal cord injuries, and conditions involving the spinal column;
- Head injuries, such as whiplash, skull fractures, concussion and brain injury.
Any injury that occurs on the job should be immediately reported to your supervisor. Get medical attention as soon as possible, even if you think your injuries are minor. It is important to follow all of your doctor’s instructions in terms of follow up care, activity restrictions, and returning to work, as failing to do so could affect your rights to benefits.
Contact Our Experienced Walmart Worker Injury Attorneys In New Jersey Today
When on the job accidents and injuries occur, get the professional legal representation you need and contact Schibell & Mennie, LLC right away. As experienced New Jersey Walmart worker injury attorneys, we can provide answers to your questions and concerns, while helping you get the compensation you need to recover. Call or contact us online today to request your free consultation to see how we can assist you.
SCHEDULE A FREE CASE REVIEW
If you need to consult a New Jersey attorney, you need to contact Schibell & Mennie, LLC. The initial consultation is always free.
Get Help Now